Blueberry Lemon Cake Recipe
9 Months ago
I've made this recipe several times now. Found it via recipes on Pinterest. Easy to make and tastes great!
2 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream (8oz)
1/2 cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 medium lemon zest and juice, divided
1/2 Tbsp corn starch
16 oz fresh blueberries
Powdered sugar to dust the top optional
Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment. Preheat Oven to 375˚F.
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Cake:
1. Beat 2 eggs and 1 cup sugar with whisk attachment on high speed 5 min, or until light in color and thick.
2. Add 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt and whisk on low speed until well combined.
3. Whisk together the 2 cups flour with 2 tsp baking powder then add to batter 1/3 at a time, whisking to incorporate with each addition (DO NOT OVERMIX). Finally, add 1 Tbsp lemon juice and 1/2 Tbsp zest.
4. Rinse blueberries and drain well. In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with 1/2 Tbsp corn starch and 1 tsp lemon juice, stirring until well combined and no dry white cornstarch remains.
5. Pour half of batter into prepared springform pan and spread evenly. Top with half of the blueberries. Spread with remaining batter then sprinkle the rest of the blueberries evenly over the top, pushing them slightly into the batter (about halfway). Bake at 375˚F for 45 to 55 min (mine was perfect at 55 min), or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake rest in the pan 15-20 min then remove ring and cool until room temp or just warm. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.